the second opinion vaj verdict

I rarely post anything in the afternoon…no real reason other than I’m more of a morning person, I guess?

Anyhow, for those of you following the drama (DRAM-a) of my vaj, more accurately, my perineum, I had an appointment with another OB today to get a second opinion and some help, since A&D ointment is NOT the answer.

(if you have no idea what I’m talking about, check the state of the vaj post)

(I’d link to it but I’m tired, there’s a baby on my boob and I just came back from a full on rectal exam so….yah)

Anyhow, long story short, this new OB actually spoke to me, asked questions and apologized for my experience that she wasn’t even responsible for.

Initially she was all, “Are you sure it’s not hemorrhoids?”

Um…I’m not exactly sure about anything at this point, other than something ain’t right down there.

Begin the nakedness from waist down and lots of examining places that are no fun for anybody.

To cut right to the point because I have limited time, here, the verdict is it is NOT hemorrhoids.

The part on my perineum next to my literal ass hole will. not. close. because of the obvious (read: pooing) and if we just left it alone, infection could happen and it’ll take FOR-EVAH to heal.

When she started checking, she went front to back and when she got to the back she was all, “Ohh. So THIS is what you’re talking about.”
Suffice it to say that there will be in-office re-suturing happening on Friday.

If that doesn’t work?

A visit to the hospital operating room for a full on RE-SUTURING of the entire area. Basically like a full blown episiotomy…without having a baby.

Also? The OB will be consulting with her counterparts to see if the better option IS the full blown cut and re-stitch…because if option A doesn’t work, then I have to go through both option A (in-office mini repair) AND option B: the big, painful enchilada. If I don’t get a phone call before Friday, option A it is.

I SO do not want to go through option A. At least the last time that *area* was being repaired I was high on hormones.

I don’t even want to think about option B.

Hold me.

Related: I canceled my follow up appointment at the other OB.


11 Responses to “the second opinion vaj verdict”

  1. 1 Paula May 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm

    So, I’ll cut to the chase. This sucks. I had the full, end to end episiotomy when Lauren was born all, sunny side up (just like Kellan). I couldn’t sit right for a month. I carried that blow up donut everywhere. I’m gonna say right here and now, OUUUUUUUUUUUCH. I’m sooo sorry you have to deal with this crud. yuck. :/

  2. 2 Julia May 7, 2012 at 6:35 pm

    but hopefully option B holds more pain meds…..? hopefully?

    I’m so sorry either way! You deserve to just enjoy your baby…. and a regular, pain-free pooing experience!

    Yahoo on the new OB! You should send her some cookies. shaped like turds. 🙂

  3. 3 Jess Sutera May 7, 2012 at 6:40 pm

    Oh MAN. That is a notsofun verdict. And um hi — it shows incredible strength on your part (and a seriously high pain threshhold!) that you’ve been dealing with this for THIS long and it’s still not resolved. Wow. Hang in there ok??

  4. 4 Mrs Loquacious May 8, 2012 at 2:33 am

    You are incredibly brave and strong to have endured for this long and not b*tched about it in every blog post. Had it been me, I would have thrown the biggest pity party on the continent. Sometimes the resiliency of moms renders me speechless.

  5. 5 Debbie Q May 8, 2012 at 5:33 am

    Oh man! I feel the need to sit on a blow up doughnut just reading this. And I hope you let the previous, idiot OB know why you were cancelling. If not you should.

  6. 6 Shannon May 8, 2012 at 5:52 am

    Oh this totally sucks. I’m so sorry you have to go through this. At least this OB has a brain and options. Hope option A works andyou get back to normal quick!

  7. 7 jobo May 8, 2012 at 7:01 am

    (holding you) wow, that does suck, I won’t even try to add some puppies and rainbows to it 😦 Glad you got a second opinion and I’ll send you lots of strength and courage on Friday!! XO

  8. 8 May 8, 2012 at 4:59 pm

    oh i am so glad you got that second opinion and now at least know what your options are – from a doc who knows what she is talking about!

    you should definitely let that first doc know she is a joke and shouldn’t have let you suffer for this long.

    as for options a and b, i guess both don’t really involve pain meds since you are breast feeding…but the fact that you actually have a doc who cares and who is willing to consult others to find the best procedure for you to FINALLY heal is what you need!

    be strong, just a few more weeks and this crappy story will be over!

  9. 9 The J85 May 8, 2012 at 7:32 pm

    I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my most recent post for details!

  10. 10 lucindalines May 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm

    I will put you at the top of my prayer priority. I hope you are better soon. This is no way to enjoy a new baby.

  11. 11 adewvall May 10, 2012 at 9:08 pm

    Oh. Em. Gee. I hop over here to try and catch up on your blog and THIS is what is happening in your life. I hope there is plenty of caramel covered baby cuteness to keep your spirits lifted.

    And, um, yeah, I am going to be childless for a while longer now, THANKS. ; )

Comments are Awesome! I love them all!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

this is where you ask those burning questions

Enter your email address to follow booshy and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,424 other followers

OR follow booshy with feed burner

my past…it happened

clever girls

stealing is not nice

%d bloggers like this: